New life is all around! BJ and Aubin's little girl entered this world in a pool of water on March 5th. David and Kelli's boy, Reid, has a planned appearance this Friday, the 13th, at Winnie Palmer. Dustin and T.J.'s girl is scheduled to be here on Monday the 15th. My new little nephew, Jett (Austin and Britney's boy) is due to come sometime in the next two weeks (around the 24th). As an aside on Jett, he is breech so we are praying for a flip soon! Not to mention the 5-10 babies due at the YMCA over the next four weeks. And then our little surprise is going to be here before we know it! Life.
And yet, with life comes death. It is reality. With all of this new life around, where is the death? I heard a great quote on death the other day. "It's just stepping out of the costume I've been wearing into who I really am going to be for forever." Death is like taking off your clothes after a really long hard day and climbing into the arms of the Greatest One ever (after you've bathed, of course)!
The beginning of life is stepping into that costume. These little ones are not who they will ultimately be. I just pray right now, with tears filling my eyes, that each one of these babies listed will truly know God and through these March/April babies of 2009, millions of people will know God because of their lives here. I pray that the day they step out of this costume, they will jump into the arms of their Abba! Oh, how I long for a godly generation of people to scream out His name and make a difference in this crazy and uncertain world! God have Your way! You are trustworthy!

No comments:
Post a Comment